Music Minister Resume
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONSCreative, caring musician who thrives in church. Over 24 years of experience in church music and 1 year of direct music leadership with a proven track record in the technical aspects of music, adaptation, music writing, and communication. Please contact me for the uncensored version.
Youth Worship Team, 1995-1996
- Played piano on youth worship team, sang, and arranged music.
Church Music Major, 1996-1999
- Sang in [redacted]: 1999, Handelís Messiah; 1999, John Rutterís Requiem.
- Coursework: Junior Piano Recital, Conducting I & II, and Music in the Church.
- Played bass, viola, and guitar in [redacted] orchestra.
Music Minister Intern, 1999.
- Led worship, choir rehearsals, choir performances, and song planning.
Worship Team Member, 2002-2004
- Sang and played bass on worship team.
- Led annual Pool Bash event.
Worship Team Member, 2004-2005
- Played electric guitar on worship team.
- Competed at Battle of the Bands.
Lead Electric Guitarist, 2005-2008
- Played electric guitar on worship team, substituting for bass and acoustic on demand.
Contemporary Worship Team Leader, 2008-2009
- Led contemporary worship, including rehearsals, budget, song selections, and arranging music.
- Played piano for the gospel service choir on the side.
- Revamped service configuration to comply with CCLI, leading to chapel winning an award.
Lead Guitarist, 2009-2013
- Played lead guitar for church services, filling in as worship leader and bass guitarist.
- Sang on worship team.
- Renovated church sound system.
- Trained church sound technician.
- Played electric guitar & auxiliary synthesizer for all church services.
- Substituted as needed on piano, acoustic guitar, & bass.
- Played electric guitar in Menís Retreat worship team, Fall of 2016
- Led worship at Menís Retreats, Fall of 2017, Spring of 2018, & Fall of 2018.
- Led church choir at prison worship service, Fall of 2017.
- Orchestrated 2019 Youth Retreat: played electric guitar and synthesizer; transcribed music to work with unique voice of lead singer.
- Taught two synthesizer classes to youth and adults, and
personally mentored one youth synthesizer player.
- Taught one youth electric guitar.
- Proficient in Audacity, PowerPoint, Roland Cloud, Adobe
Acrobat Pro, and Planning Center.
Lay Counselor, 2018-2020
- Counseled individual inmates, and fills in leading church services in jail when needed.
- Studied Church Music (no degree), 1996-1999.
- Bachelor's, Addiction & Recovery Psychology, 2017-2020,
minor in Christian Counseling.
- GPA: 3.83
- Master of Arts in Worship Arts + Pastoral Counseling in progress.
- Expected graduation 2025.
- Member in good standing, American Association of Christian Counselors.
- Caring For People God's way, certificate: October 2016.
- Breaking Free, certificate: March 2017.
- Marriage Works, certificate: March 2017.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Sexual Addiction, certificate: October 2017.
- Extraordinary Women (counseling women), certificate: October 2017.
CompTIA, A+ Computer Technician Certification, 2013
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND PROJECTSChristian Counselor, Good News Jail & Prison Ministry, 2018-2020
- Provided Biblical Counseling.
- Provided new employees with valuable life skills to reduce or eliminate PTSD.
- Taught Resilience Assistants how to teach others positive life skills.
- Led department and city-wide events geared towards
increasing community involvement.
- Taught employees how to be good bystanders.
- Shifted culture to prevent suicide, sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking.
American Association of Christian Counselors
- Member in good standing since 2019.
- DiSC Profile: C/D
- Meyers-Briggs: ENTJ